Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Snickerdoodle Blondies

Alright, I didn't actually try a new recipe last night.  Yes, I used a recipe that I had pinned, but who wants to hear about meatloaf when you can hear about blondies, and snickerdoodle blondies to boot!  The recipe is from myownsweetthyme.com and she just raved about them.  Wanting to see if they were all that and a bag a chips, I decided to give it a try.   I had been meaning to make them for about a month now, but they just kept getting pushed off the menu by busyness or laziness or something really good to watch on Netflix during nap time!  But not last Wednesday, I had no excuses and I needed a snack for my small group that night.  So I took the plunge!  And boy am I glad I did.  They were so soft and chewy and buttery and so not-good-for-you-at-all!  I think it would take 24 hours of Zumba to burn off the calories I consumed.!  You see, I didn't want my family to eat too many and have the unhealthiness floating around in their bodies, so being the sacrifical mom that I am, I ate my fair share!  I also sent a plate with hubby to work, where they were gobbled up!  So if you are looking for something easy and chewy and delicious, these are it! 


Snickerdoodle Blondies

2 2/3 c flour
2 t baking powder
1 t salt
2 c packed brown sugar
1 c butter, at room temperature
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 T vanilla
2 T sugar
2 t cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly grease a 9x13 baking pan.  In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.  Set aside.  In a large mixing bowl, beat together the brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla until smooth.  Add the flour to the egg mixture and beat until well blended.  Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.  In a small bowl, combine the white sugar and cinnamon.  Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the batter.  Bake for 25-30 minutes or until it springs back when gently touched (mine didn't do this, but when I stuck a toothpick in it came out clean).  Cool on a wire rack.  Cut with a knife while still warm.  Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. looking forward to trying these. And perhaps the forgotten chicken. And the oatmeal chocolate chip cake...

    ReplyDelete