Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Colossal Reese's Pieces cookies

Hmmm, Colossal sounds so large!  Kind of daunting....Well, these cookies are huge, but they are most definetly not daunting to make.  Maybe being able to eat a whole one is daunting.  Case in point:  My hubby loves dessert.  He loves reese's pieces (Not my fave, something very important is lacking....Hmm, what is it?  CHOCOLATE!) even if he can't pronounce it right he calls them reesies instead of the proper reese's.  Still love him though.  So I stumbled upon this recipe while pinning away one day and thought...I better make them to show him how much I love him.  So I did.  He came home on Monday to find 15 of these huge cookies (I measured 4" around) in the kitchen. (I did have 18, but I shared one with 3 year old and I CAN eat a whole one!).  He got a glass of chocolate milk and proceeded to dig in.  He didn't make it!  It was too much for him and he had to stop mid cookie!  Ha!  I am the bigger cookie monster in this house!  So you see they could be daunting to some individuals!   So without further ado, I will let you make your own decision regarding the dauntingness (new word!) of these cookies!



Colossal Reese's Pieces  (chocolate chip) Cookies

3 1/4 c. flour
1 1/2 t baking soda
3/4 t salt
1/2 c unsalted butter, at room temp
1/2 c creamy peanut butter
1 c light brown sugar
3/4 c sugar
2 eggs
4 t vanilla
1 1/2 c semi sweet chocolate chips
1 c peanut butter chips
1 c reese's pieces


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease cookie sheets.  In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.  Cream together butter, peanut butter and the sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.  Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.  Reduce mixer to low speed and gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until it is all incorporated.  Add the chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and reese's pieces; mix until they are distributed evenly through mixture.  Roll 1/4 c of dough into a ball and place on the cookie sheets.  Flatten until it is about 1/2" thick.  Repeat with the rest of the dough.  You should end up with about 18 large cookies!  Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until edges are a light golden brown.  Cool on the baking sheets for about 2 minutes and transfer to a wire rack.  Store in an air tight container for up to 5 days. 

From www.browneyedbaker.com

2 comments:

  1. Julie, did you use the salt on top? I made these the other day and couldn't find the special salt, so used cracked sea salt and it was sooo yummy. I love the sweet/salty mix! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, nope. Had no clue what she was talking about so I just omitted it all together! And thanks! I think between these cookies and eating at the Cake Face food truck yesterday, I have put on 5-10 lbs!

    ReplyDelete