Thursday, October 4, 2012

Glazed Pork Chops

Ok, so tonight we did try a new recipe.  My little angel loves pork chops.  Yes, I do realize I have an anamoly for a daughter (meatloaf and pork chops are both on her faves list).  Anyway, who wouldn't love a pork chop that you make by rubbing a brown sugar mixture on it?  I am all about adding some sweetness to dinner, so I thought, why not!  Anyway, they did not disappoint and like anything I make it was super easy.  I even let them brown a little longer and cook a littler longer than the recipe called for.  Hello, I was watching season 3 of Downton Abbey on the laptop.  Who can pull themselves away from that?  Not me!  But back to the pork chops.  They recieved raves reviews from all of the fam, even my very picky 3 year old!  So without further ado, here is the recipe! 

Glazed Pork Chops

4-6 pork chops (I used bonless, but you could probably get along with bone-in; just adjust the    cooking time to make sure it is cooked)
1/4c. brown sugar
1/2 t. cayenne pepper (or to your taste)
1/2 t. garlic powder
1/2 t. paprika
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
2 T olive oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix together brown sugar and spices. Rub over the pork chops.  Use all the mixture.  Place in a heated skillet with the olive oil.  Brown on both sides.  About 5 minutes per side (or more if you are watching a TV show!).  Remove the chops to a foil lined baking sheet.  Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until cooked thru!  Enjoy!!!! 

Glazed Pork Chops

So I must also to take this time to admit that the photos are not my own!  I have been using the ones from the sites the original recipes come from.  Give me time.  Once I have this blogging thing down, I will add food photograpy to my talents! 

This recipe comes from budgetbytes.blogspot.com

PS.  I did add some lowfat frozen yogurt to my Dr. Oz cherry smoothie, so much better!

2 comments:

  1. We do a very similar rub on salmon from time to time. I don't think we've ever actually measured the ingredients, but we put in everything but the garlic powder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be sure to brown on low or medium....mine are BLACK and BURNED, but I am not a good cook, so you all probably know this already. Will try again another day : )

    ReplyDelete