Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Naan Chicken Alfredo Pizza

So, I did spend quite a bit of time in the kitchen yesterday!  Shoot, I didn't make it out of the house unitl I had a Thirty-One Party at my friend's house!  You know those days, most people stay in jammies all day and whatnot, I have to shower and dress, but it was a day that you get to dinner time and you go "Hey, I haven't brushed my teeth yet!"  I made Colossal Reese's Pieces cookies in the morning (recipe to come later!) and then one of my favorites, Naan Pizza.  I created this all on my own.  I love wood fired pizzas, but can't go out to eat all of the time.  Nor do think hubby will let me get one of those nifty ovens installed in our kitchen!  Anyway, this is one that I just brainstormed and came up with.  Super easy and so easy to make to suit your own tastes! 


Naan Pizza
Garlic Naan (for those who are unfamiliar with this it is an Indian flat bread) I use 2 for lite eaters...
Alfredo sauce (I totally love Classico's light varieties!)
Shredded cheese (again, I use whatever strikes my fancy...Last night was pizza blend)
Cooked chicken (don't care how it gets to this stage, just get it cooked)
olive oil
assorted veggies (I usually put torn spinach on mine!)

Ok, so I have a grill pan that I use, but a large griddle or skillet would work as well.  Heat it up to medium heat.  Brush one side of the naan with olive oil and place that side down on griddle or skillet; brush other side with olive oil.  Allow to warm up and get a little toasty, then flip.  Now spread alfredo sauce on the naan.  Arrange chicken and cheese over the top.  Place a lid on top to help trap some of the heat.  Cook until cheese is melted!  Enjoy!!! 




Like I said you can go wild experimenting with these!  Hope you love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment