Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Brown Sugar Meatloaf

Ok, so we have been super busy lately! Soccer is finally coming to a close. Seems like I had something every night last week and this week hasn't been much better! So I have been looking for meals that don't take much effort! I am just too tired to slave all day over a home cooked meal....Plus I have a VERY busy 3 year old that keeps me hopping!

Last night we had Brown Sugar Meatloaf. My 9 year old (as of today!) loves meatloaf. I like it too but only if there is a hint of sweetness! What can I say, my sweet tooth carries over to all areas of my life! Usually to attain this sweetness, you have to make a glaze for the meatloaf. Not with this recipe! It is more like an upside down cake in that you start with a layer of brown sugar in the pan! Yup, it makes its own glaze! Awesome! Can't get much easier than that! However, I am still waiting for the day that I live in a Jetson type house. A home cooked meal that the home actually cooked would be great! But until that day...


Brown Sugar Meatloaf

1/2 c packed brown sugar
1/2 c ketchup
1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef (I used turkey)
3/4 c milk
2 eggs
1 1/2 t salt
1/4 t ground black pepper
1 sm onion, chopped ( I used dried minced..about 1 T)
1/4 t ground ginger
3/4 c finely crushed saltine crackers (I used panko bread crumbs)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly grease a 9x5 loaf pan.  Press the brown sugar into the bottom of the loaf pan and spread ketchup over the sugar.  In a bowl, mix remaining ingredients together and shape into a loaf.  Place on top of ketchup and bake for 1 hour or until juices run clear. 

Originally from bookcooking.net

No comments:

Post a Comment