Friday, October 12, 2012

Parmesan Tilapia

So we like to mix things up in this house when it comes to food...Well, I do anyway.  The rest of the fam is kind of ok with the daily routine.  You know my three kiddos have the same breakfast every day...toast with pb and nutella (the three year old does switch back and forth between strawberry jam and nutella), cereal and yogurt.  Lunch for my three year old is almost always pb&j.  He is a three year old boy after all.  Anyway, taking this all into consideration, imagine how announcing having fish for dinner went over the other night.  Yup, you guessed it, like a lead balloon!

I must first admit that we are not huge fish eaters.  Mainly because it is not their favorite and also because what I like is beyond my culinary skills!  Well, I found this recipe and thought I could sneak it in.  I mean tilapia isn't very fishy tasting and who wouldn't want fish that is slathered in butter and parmesan cheese!  The kids may not have loved it, but Daddy and I loved it!  I loved how it smelled while I was making it!   I felt like I was at Red Lobster.  A little fish smell mixed with a nice butter, cheesy smell (so smelled like cheddar bay biscuits).  I will most definitely make this again and I will be taking the parmesan topping and trying it on other things...Yummy!

Tilapia Parmesan

Paremsan Tilapia

2 lb tilapia filets (I used 1 lb and halved the rest of the ingredients)
2 T lemon juice
1/2 c grated parmesan cheese
4 T or 1/2 stick of butter, room temperature
3 T mayo
3 T finely chopped green onions (I used minced)
1/4 t seasoned salt
1/4 t dried basil
Black pepper to taste
dash of hot pepper sauce (didn't use)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Arrange fish in single layer in butter 9x13 baking dish.  Brush tops with juice.  In a medium bowl, combine cheese, butter, mayo, onions and seasonings.  Bake fish for 10 to 20 minutes, or just until fish starts to flake.  Remove from oven and spread the parmesan mixture over the fish.  Bake until golden brown, about 5 minutes.

original recipe at www.recipe4living.com



No comments:

Post a Comment