Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A little about me

Ok, so I probably would've never dreamed of being a blogger, but someone suggested it and here I am.  My name is Julie.  I live in Wichita, KS and am a stay-at-home mom to three very active children (read hungry, always hungry...and no teenagers yet), ages 9 (almost), 6 and 3.  I am married and love to try new recipes on my family.  They are very (VERY) honest with their opinions!  I have a very thick skin and I do choose to veto their votes on numerous occasions!  Anyway, back to the reason for this blog...I love to pin recipes and YES I do try them.  And yes, I do have opinions about them.  And so does my little family!  So I have basically been asked to be the guniea pig and to let you know what I think of my every growing list of recipes.  So here goes!  

We will start with Dr. Oz's Cherry Smoothie that is suppposed to speed up your metabolismwhile you sleep and help you sleep as well.


Pinned Image


Doesn't it look yummy!  Well, sort of! 

The recipe is as follows:

1 c tart cherry juice (I found 100% black cherry juice at Wal-Mart)
1/2 banana
1/2 c soymilk
5 ice cubes
1/2 t vanilla extract

Blend all ingredients in a blender and enjoy. 

Ok, so I did that last night.  I was worried that my cherry juice wasn't the tart variet.  Silly me!  It was very tart.  Mine also didn't turn out with a smoothie consistency.  So I am going to try it again, but I do have to tweak it!  Yes, I tweak everything to make it suit my tastes (as should you).  This time around I am going to add some frozen vanilla yogurt.  Now I realize some of the healthiness just went down the drain (as did half of this smoothie), but at least I am not using full fledged ice cream.  Plus frozen yogurt is used by tons of  "healthy" people.  So deal with it!  I added a few extra calories, but I am sure my sped up metabolism will take care of them.  I am also only going to do half of the recipe as I ended up with a large sized smoothie...Too  much for this girl before bed! 

Anyway, my inaugrual blog is done!  I can't promise these will happen every day, but I will blog because I do keep cooking! 

1 comment:

  1. you should try to add just regular low fat yogurt (and skip the frozen kind)
    : )

    ReplyDelete