Thursday, December 6, 2012

Simply Great Chicken

Ok, saw this recipe and had to pin it.  I mean it had three ingredients one of which is the chicken.   And the combintion of the other two left me puzzled!  After I pinned it I had a friend comment on my pin asking me to make it.  Just FYI, I am a crazy Type A person in that if I pin something, I am going to make it.  I don't like my house cluttered with unused stuff and I don't like my virtual pin board cluttered with unused pins!  This chicken is so easy.  You just use the cut of meat that you like.  I used chicken thighs.  But if my sister, with a more refined palate, were here I would have to use breasts.   And if you are like my one friend ( I won't mention her name!  But she is my favorite Y instructor!) who loathes lengthy recipes and more than two or three spices, this recipe is right up your alley!  Don't worry about the taste either.  All my peeps gobbled it up!  Even my PB&J freak!  And hubby couldn't get enough!  So now that you are all dying to see this recipe.....


Simply Great Chicken

3 lbs chicken (thighs, breasts, drumsticks)
1/2 c brown sugar
1 packet dried Italian dressing mix (.6-.7 oz)


Grease a 9x13 baking dish.  Load that sucker down, because your sugar will carmelize and if you don't get it covered you are going to be scraping the heck out of the pan!  (You could also line the pan with foil and then spray it, but I hate making the trip all the way to the trash to throw the foil out!)  Combine the sugar and dressing mix in a bowl.  Press chicken into the mixture to coat it well.  Place coated chicken in the greased pan.  Sprinkle any leftover sugar mixture on top of chicken,  Bake for 50-60 minutes.  I did turn it once during the baking process, but that is entirely up to you!

Originally from www.foodforahungrysoul.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment