Saturday, December 15, 2012

French Dip Crescents

Ok, first I have to admit that I have been on a kick lately.  I mean Christmas is 10 days away so I had to make some goodies and then there is something about colder weather that just makes one feel like they have to bake and cook and get the extra padding on, right?  I hope that isn't just me!  Anyway, the other night I decided to try French Dip Crescents.  I should be upfront and say that we didn't actually do that French Dip part and half were made with ham!  But I will include the original recipe and you can tailor them to fit your family's likes!  So anyway, these little guys were super easy and super yummy.  The one that I made with ham smelled just like an Arby's Ham Melt.  So if that is what you like, go with the ham!  My daughter told me that these were the best dinner I had ever made!  Really, something so simple is what you like!  Sheesh, and here I had been making elaborate dish after elaborate dish trying to get that compliment!  Not really! 

French Dip Crescents

2 8 ct crescent rolls (I did used reduced fat)
1 lb deli roast beef thinly sliced (I used Hormel natural choice.  And really any deli meat will work)
4 oz of provolone or swiss cheese, cut into 16 equal pieces (I used sliced provolone and swiss)
optional: Horseradish sauce (I used mayo on some)
optional:  au jus sauce

Unroll crescents onto a large cookie sheet.  Spread small dab of horseradish on the crescent and place one piece of sandwich meat and cheese on top.  Roll up starting with the large end.  Bake at 375 degrees for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. 

French Dip Crescents



original recipe from www.mamalovesfood.com

No comments:

Post a Comment